|Name:||Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956 (No. 104 of 1956).|
|Subject(s):||Elimination of forced labour|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Legislation on-line Ministry of Women and Child Development, India PDF of Act (consulted on 2013-07-24)
|Abstract/Citation:||1. Short title, extent and commencement
A child is defined as a person under the age of 16 years old.
A Minor is a child between the ages of 16 and 18 years old.
A Major is a person who is 18 years old or older.
3. Punishment for keeping a brothel or allowing premises to be used as a brothel
4. Punishment for living on the earnings of prostitution
5. Procuring, including or taking person for the sake of prostitution
6. Detaining a person in premises where prostitution is carried on
7. Prostitution in or in the vicinity of public places
8. Seducing or soliciting for purpose of prostitution
9. Seduction of a person in custody
10. [ Release on probation of good conduct or after due admonition]. Repealed by Suppression of Immoral Traffic in Women and Girls (Amendment) Act, 1986 (44 of 1986), s. 13 (w.e.f. 26-1-1987).
11. Notification of address of previously convicted offenders
12. [Security for good behaviour from habitual offenders] Repealed by the Suppression of Immoral Traffic in Women and Girls (Amendment) Act, 1986 (44 of 1986) s. 13 (w.e.f. 26-1-1987).
13. Special police officer and advisory body
14. Offences to be cognizable
15. Search without warrant
16. Rescue of person
17. Intermediate custody of persons removed under section 15 or rescued under section 16
18. Closure of brothel and eviction of offenders from the premises
19. Application for being kept in a protective home or provided home or provided care and protection by court.
20. Removal of prostitute from any place
21. Protective Homes
21A. Production of records
22A. Power to establish Special Courts
22AA. Power of Central Government to establish special courts
22B. Power of Court to try cases summarily
23. Power to make rules
24. Act not to be in derogation of certain other Acts
25. Repeal and savings