|Name:||Corporal Punishment Act (Cap. 41) [No. 12 of 1953].|
|Subject(s):||Elimination of child labour, protection of children and young persons; Criminal and penal law|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Legislation on-line Consolidated Laws of Sierra Leone, Compiled by Jamesina E.L. King (Mrs.) and Susan G. Sisay (Ms.), British Council, United Kingdom PDF (DOC.NORMES) (consulted on 2013-02-19)
|Abstract/Citation:||1. Short title.
3. No corporal punishment of adults except for certain prison offences.
4. Restriction of corporal punishment of juveniles.
5. Corporal punishment of juveniles in lieu of other punishments.
6. Determination of age.
8. Maximum for juveniles.
9. Limitations as to time.
10. When sentence to be carried out.
11. Detention pending punishment.
12. Type of instrument and manner of use.
13. Punishment to be in private.