|Original name:||Lov om endringer i utlendingsloven og i enkelte andre lover|
|Name:||Act (No. 41 of 2009) to amend the Immigration Act (No. 35 of 2008) and other Acts.|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Act online in Norwegian Ministry of Employment and Inclusion, Norsk Lovtidend, www.lovdata.no, Norway PDF in Norwegian (consulted on 2011-11-10)
|Abstract/Citation:||Amends the following articles:
- Article 5: Automatic residence and work permits for other - Scandinavian citizens;
- Article 23: Exceptions for seafarers and migrants whose work permit application is being processed;
- Article 24: Potential repeal of work permit;
- Article 27: Employers liability;
- Article 35: The right of the ministry to instruct in decisions to grant entry permit;
- Article 38: Conditions for entry into the country in cases where an applicants identity is in doubt;
- Article 44: Family reunification;
- Article 60: Limitations to work permit obtained through family reunification;
- Article 62: Repeal of residence permit in case a foreigner leaves the country for a minimum of two years;
- Article 65: Role of the police in granting residence permits;
- Article 66: Expulsion of foreigners without residence permit;
- Article 79: Dispute settlement.
National Insurance Act
- Article 1 concerning the definition of a refugee.
- Article 2: Newly arrived foreigners' right to an introductory programme;
- Article 3: Role of municipalities;
- Article 17: Right and duty to participate in training courses in Norwegian language and civics.
Norwegian Nationality Act:
- Articles 7, 11 and 12: Permanent residence permit;
- Article 14: Citizens from EU or EEA countries;
- Article 15: Minimum requirements;
- Article 16: Stateless persons;
- Article 17: Requirements for children;
- Article 27: Reference to the Immigration Act articles 77 and 78.
Also makes amendments to the following Acts:
- Act (No. 1 of 1940) on access to certain areas.
- Act (No. 35 of 1980) on legal aid.
- Act (No. 25 of 1981)relating to legal procedure in criminal cases (Criminal Procedure Act).
- Act (No. 112 of 1992) on the implementation into Norwegian Law of the EEA Agreement, Annex V, point 2 (Council Regulation (EEC) No 1612/68) on the free movement of workers within the EEA.
- Act (No. 42 of 1997) on the Coast Guard (Coast Guard Act).
- Act (No. 82 of 1997) on passports (Passport Act).
- Act (No. 66 of 1999) on the Schengen Information System (SIS).
- Act (No. 37 of 2005) on educational support.
- Act (No. 67 of 2005) on payment and collection of tax claims (Tax Payment Act).