|Name:||Merchant Shipping Act, 1966 (No. 20 of 1966).|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Act on-line Irish Statute Book, Ireland PDF (consulted on 2011-02-01)
2. Application of Act of 1952 to the Convention.
3. Cargo ship construction and survey rules.
4. Cargo ship safety construction certificates and exemption certificates.
5. Notice of alterations and additional surveys.
6. Prohibition on proceeding to sea without appropriate certificates.
7. Exemption of ships holding appropriate certificates.
8. Penalty for non-compliance with rules and power to detain.
9. Damage control plans and stability information for passenger steamers.
10. Extension of power to make rules for life-saving appliances.
11. Requirements for portable radio apparatus carried in survival craft.
12. Radio installations.
13. Renewal of radio certificates for small cargo ships.
14. Issue of exemption certificates where Convention country issues corresponding qualified certificates.
15. Information about ships' stability.
16. Modification of section 46 of Act of 1952.
17. Extension of duty to report dangers to navigation.
18. Prohibition on proceeding to sea on international voyage without approved signalling lamp.
19. Amendment of section 271 of Merchant Shipping Act, 1894.
20. Transitional provisions and repeals.
21. Short title, collective citation and commencement.
Repeals the following sections of the Merchant Shipping (Safety Convention) Act, 1952.
(a) in section 3 (1) the definition of the "Merchant Shipping Acts";
(b) in section 28 (1) the words "the preceding provisions of";
(c) in section 32 (2) the words from "and shall be based" to the end of the subsection;
(d) in the Second Schedule, paragraphs 2 to 4.