|Name:||Merchant Shipping Act, 1947 (No. 46 of 1947).|
|Type of legislation:||Law, Act|
|Entry into force:|
|Bibliography:||Act on-line Irish Statute Book, Ireland PDF (consulted on 2011-02-01)
|Abstract/Citation:||Amends the Merchant Shipping Acts, 1894 to 1939. Repeals sections 73-74 of the Merchant Shipping Act 1894.
2. Obligation to hoist the national flag.
3. Prohibition on hoisting flag distinctive of nationality other than the national flag.
4. Temporary registration of ship on time or voyage charter.
5. Discharge of member of crew at port in the State.
6. Fine on conviction of offence of absence without leave.
7. Recognition of certificates of competency.
8. Direction restricting registration of ship.
9. Regulations restricting closing or transfer of registry.
10. Restriction on transfer or mortgage.
11. Regulations with respect to safety.
12. Regulations with respect to welfare and conditions of employment.
13. Rules relating to bills of lading.
15. Short title, commencement, construction and collective citation.