PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!
Cough. Sore throat.
Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.
Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.
Pain. Blisters. Skin burns.
Protective gloves. Protective clothing.
Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .
Redness. Pain. Blurred vision. Severe deep burns.
Wear face shield.
First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.
Burning sensation in the throat and chest. Abdominal pain. Shock or collapse. Vomiting.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.
Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer for medical attention .
CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. Personal protection: chemical protection suit.
According to UN GHS Criteria
Transportation UN Classification
UN Hazard Class: 8; UN Pack Group: III
Separated from acid anhydrides, acid chlorides, bases and food and feedstuffs.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs. Marine pollutant.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION
Physical State; Appearance COLOURLESS-TO-AMBER-COLOURED LIQUID OR SOLID.
Chemical dangers Reacts with oxidants. Reacts violently with bases, acid anhydrides and acid chlorides. Attacks steel and copper and its alloys.
Formula: C10H14O / C2H5(CH3)CHC6H4OH
Molecular mass: 150.2
Boiling point: 224-237°C Melting point: 14°C Relative density (water = 1): 0.98 Solubility in water: none Vapour pressure, Pa at 20°C: 10 Relative vapour density (air = 1): 5.2 Flash point: 107°C Octanol/water partition coefficient as log Pow: 3.27
EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour, through the skin and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance is corrosive to the eyes and skin. The vapour is irritating to the respiratory tract. Corrosive on ingestion.
Inhalation risk A harmful contamination of the air will not or will only very slowly be reached on evaporation of this substance at 20°C.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
TLV: 5 ppm as TWA; (skin)
Environmental effects from the substance have not been investigated adequately.
Health effects of exposure to the substance have not been investigated adequately.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.