Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.
NO open flames.
In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.
AVOID ALL CONTACT! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!
Burning sensation. Cough. Laboured breathing. Shortness of breath. Sore throat.
Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.
Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.
Redness. Pain. Skin burns. Blisters.
Protective gloves. Protective clothing.
Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer for medical attention .
Redness. Pain. Severe burns. Loss of vision.
Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.
First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.
Abdominal pain. Burning sensation. Shock or collapse.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.
Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .
CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking liquid in sealable non-metallic containers. Cautiously neutralize remainder with sodium bicarbonate.
According to UN GHS Criteria
Transportation UN Classification
UN Hazard Class: 8; UN Pack Group: III
Chemical dangers Decomposes above 205°C . This produces toxic fumes including sulfur oxides and hydrogen sulfide. Reacts with bases and oxidants. This produces sulfur oxides. This generates toxic hazard. Attacks metals.
Formula: C18H30O3S / C12H25C6H4.SO3H
Molecular mass: 326.5
Decomposes at >204.5°C Melting point: 10°C Relative density (water = 1): 1 Solubility in water: very good Flash point: 148.9°C o.c.
EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its vapour and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance is corrosive to the eyes, skin and respiratory tract. Corrosive on ingestion.
Inhalation risk No indication can be given about the rate at which a harmful concentration of this substance in the air is reached on evaporation at 20°C.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
The substance is toxic to aquatic organisms.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.