| CAS #: 72-43-5|
|EC Number: 200-779-9
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames.||Use water spray, powder, alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide.|
|PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! STRICT HYGIENE! AVOID EXPOSURE OF (PREGNANT) WOMEN!|
|Inhalation||See Ingestion.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest.|
|Skin||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Convulsions. Diarrhoea. Nausea. Vomiting.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Induce vomiting (ONLY IN CONSCIOUS PERSONS!). Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
|Separated from food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: 10 mg/m3, as TWA; A4 (not classifiable as a human carcinogen).
MAK: (inhalable fraction): 1 mg/m3; peak limitation category: II(8); skin absorption (H); pregnancy risk group: B
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. Bioaccumulation of this chemical may occur in fish. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
|Ingestion in large amounts may cause effects on the liver, kidneys and central nervous system.
Temperature of decomposition is unknown in the literature.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
If the substance is formulated with solvent(s) also consult the card(s) (ICSC) of the solvent(s).
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
See ICSC 0034.
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|