| CAS #: 19624-22-7|
| UN #: 1380
|EC Number: 243-194-4
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||May ignite spontaneously on contact with air. Flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Above 30°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed. Risk of fire and explosion on contact with incompatible substances. See Chemical Dangers.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking. NO contact with incompatible substances. See Chemical Dangers. NO contact with hot surfaces. Above 30°C use a closed system, ventilation and explosion-proof electrical equipment.||Use carbon dioxide, special powder, dry sand. NO other agents. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water. NO direct contact with water.|
|AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Sore throat. Cough. Nausea. Headache. Drowsiness. Dizziness. Weakness. Convulsions. Unconsciousness.||Use closed system or ventilation.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness. See Inhalation.||Protective gloves.||First rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, then remove contaminated clothes and rinse again. Refer for medical attention .|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give nothing to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Evacuate danger area! Due to the pyrophoric nature of the substance, the procedure to clean up spills can only be provided on a case by case basis. Consult an expert!||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERCatches fire spontaneously if exposed to air
Flammable liquid and vapour
Fatal if inhaled
Causes serious eye irritation
Causes skin irritation
May cause respiratory irritation
May cause drowsiness or dizziness
Causes damage to central nervous system and liver
Causes damage to the central nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure
|Store only in original container. Separated from strong oxidants, halogens, other incompatible materials and food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Fireproof. Cool. Dry. Keep under nitrogen atmosphere.|
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: 0.005 ppm as TWA; 0.015 ppm as STEL.
MAK: 0.013 mg/m3, 0.005 ppm; peak limitation category: II(2)
|The symptoms of some effects do not become manifest until up to 48 hours later.
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|