| CAS #: 95-53-4|
| UN #: 1708
|EC Number: 202-429-0
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Above 85°C explosive vapour/air mixtures may be formed.||NO open flames. Above 85°C use a closed system and ventilation. Prevent build-up of electrostatic charges (e.g., by grounding).||Use water spray, foam, powder, carbon dioxide. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|AVOID ALL CONTACT! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Blue lips, fingernails and skin. Confusion. Dizziness. Headache. Shortness of breath. Weakness. Convulsions. Nausea. Unconsciousness.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||MAY BE ABSORBED! Redness. Blue lips, fingernails and skin. Further see Inhalation.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety goggles.||Rinse with plenty of water (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Blue lips, fingernails and skin. Dizziness. Headache. Laboured breathing. Further see Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking liquid in sealable containers. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
Harmful if swallowed or if inhaled
May be harmful in contact with skin
Causes serious eye irritation
May cause genetic defects
May cause cancer
Causes damage to blood
Very toxic to aquatic life
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from strong oxidants, strong acids and food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Ventilation along the floor. Keep in the dark. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
Formula: C7H9N / C6H4CH3NH2
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: 2 ppm as TWA; (skin); A3 (confirmed animal carcinogen with unknown relevance to humans); BEI issued.
EU-OEL: 0.5 mg/m3, 0.1 ppm as TWA; (skin).
MAK: skin absorption (H); carcinogen category: 1; germ cell mutagen group: 3A
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
|Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
See ICSCs 0342 and 0343.
Symbol: T, N; R: 45-23/25-36-50; S: 53-45-61; Note: E
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|