| CAS #: 107-12-0|
| UN #: 2404
|EC Number: 203-464-4
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Highly flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Heating will cause rise in pressure with risk of bursting. Vapour/air mixtures are explosive. Heating will cause rise in pressure with risk of bursting. Risk of fire and explosion on contact with strong oxidants.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking. NO contact with hot surfaces or strong oxidizing agents. Closed system, ventilation, explosion-proof electrical equipment and lighting. Do NOT use compressed air for filling, discharging, or handling. Use non-sparking handtools.||Use powder, foam, carbon dioxide. Water may be ineffective. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|STRICT HYGIENE! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Headache. Sore throat. Chest tightness. Shortness of breath. Nausea. Vomiting. Lethargy. Unconsciousness. Respiratory and cardiac arrest. Symptoms may be delayed.||Use ventilation, local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. No mouth-to-mouth artificial respiration. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||EASILY ABSORBED! Redness.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||See Inhalation.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Consult an expert! Evacuate danger area! Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Ventilation. Remove all ignition sources. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERHighly flammable liquid and vapour
Fatal if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled
May cause drowsiness or dizziness
Causes skin and eye irritation
May cause respiratory irritation
May be harmful if swallowed and enters airways
|Fireproof. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Separated from strong oxidants, acids and food and feedstuffs.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
Formula: C3H5N / CH3CH2CN
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
|This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to aquatic organisms.|
|Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
Oxygen should be administered exclusively by specially trained first aid or medical personnel.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
The symptoms of lung oedema often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
See ICSCs 0088, 0492, 0671 and 1118.
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|