| CAS #: 7726-95-6|
| UN #: 1744
|EC Number: 231-778-1
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Not combustible but enhances combustion of other substances. Many reactions may cause fire or explosion. Heating will cause rise in pressure with risk of bursting. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire. Risk of fire and explosion. See Chemical Dangers.||NO contact with incompatible materials: See Chemical Dangers||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media. In case of fire: keep cylinder cool by spraying with water.|
|AVOID ALL CONTACT! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat. Shortness of breath. Wheezing. Laboured breathing. Symptoms may be delayed.||Use breathing protection, closed system or ventilation.||Fresh air, rest. Half-upright position. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention. See Notes.|
|Skin||Redness. Burning sensation. Pain. Serious skin burns.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||First rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, then remove contaminated clothes and rinse again. Put clothes in sealable container. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Eyes||Watering of the eyes. Redness. Blurred vision. Pain. Burns.||Wear safety goggles, face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Burns in mouth and throat. Burning sensation in the throat and chest. Abdominal pain. Shock or collapse.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Evacuate danger area! Consult an expert! Personal protection: gas-tight chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus. Ventilation. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Remove vapour with fine water spray. Collect leaking liquid in sealable containers. Absorb remaining liquid in dry sand or inert absorbent. Do NOT absorb in saw-dust or other combustible absorbents. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERMay be corrosive to metals
Fatal if inhaled
May be harmful if swallowed
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
May cause respiratory irritation
May cause damage to lungs through prolonged or repeated exposure if inhaled
Very toxic to aquatic life
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from food and feedstuffs. See Chemical Dangers. Cool. Dry. Well closed. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Store only in original container. Store in an area without drain or sewer access.|
Put breakable packaging into closed unbreakable container.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: 0.1 ppm as TWA; 0.2 ppm as STEL.
EU-OEL: 0.7 mg/m3, 0.1 ppm as TWA
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
|The symptoms of lung oedema often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
Immediate administration of an appropriate inhalation therapy by a doctor, or by an authorized person, should be considered.
Symbol: T+, C, N; R: 26-35-50; S: (1/2)-7/9-26-45-61
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|