| CAS #: 7786-81-4|
| UN #: 3077
|EC Number: 232-104-9
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||See Chemical Dangers.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use closed system or ventilation (not if powder).||Fresh air, rest. Refer for medical attention.|
|Skin||Redness.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Wear protective gloves when administering first aid. Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse skin with plenty of water or shower.|
|Eyes||Redness.||Wear safety spectacles, face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection if powder.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Abdominal pain. Dizziness. Headache. Nausea. Vomiting.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer for medical attention .|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERHarmful if swallowed or if inhaled
Causes skin irritation
May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled
May cause an allergic skin reaction
Suspected of causing genetic defects
May cause cancer if inhaled
May damage fertility or the unborn child
Causes damage to respiratory system through prolonged or repeated exposure if inhaled
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Store only in original packaging. Separated from oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Well closed. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.|
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: (as Ni): (inhalable fraction): 0.1 mg/m3, as TWA; A4 (not classifiable as a human carcinogen).
MAK: sensitization of respiratory tract and skin (SAH); carcinogen category: 1
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
|At temperatures up to 330 °C nickel (II) sulphate containing water of crystallization will gradually release its total water content.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
The symptoms of asthma often do not become manifest until a few hours have passed and they are aggravated by physical effort. Rest and medical observation are therefore essential.
Anyone who has shown symptoms of sensitization due to this substance should avoid all further contact with nickel, nickel compounds and other metal compounds of e.g. copper, chromium and cobalt.
Do NOT take working clothes home.
Isolate contaminated clothing by sealing in a bag or other container.
The recommendations on this Card also apply to Nickel sulfate hexahydrate (CAS 10101-97-0) and heptahydrate (CAS 10101-98-1).
Symbol: Xn, N; R: 22-40-42/43-50/53; S: (2)-22-36/37-60-61
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|