| CAS #: 120-36-5|
| UN #: 3077
|EC Number: 204-390-5
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible. Liquid formulations containing organic solvents may be flammable. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames. NO contact with hot surfaces.||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.|
|PREVENT DISPERSION OF DUST! AVOID EXPOSURE OF ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN!|
|Inhalation||Cough. Sore throat.||Use local exhaust or breathing protection.||Fresh air, rest. Seek medical attention if you feel unwell.|
|Skin||Redness.||Protective gloves.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention if skin irritation occurs.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain. Severe burns.||Wear safety goggles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection if powder.||Rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible). Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Sore throat. Headache. Nausea. Vomiting. Diarrhoea.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.||Rinse mouth. Give one or two glasses of water to drink. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: particulate filter respirator adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into sealable containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
DANGERHarmful if swallowed
Causes skin irritation
Causes serious eye damage
May cause damage to kidneys through prolonged or repeated exposure if swallowed
Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Store in an area without drain or sewer access. Separated from food and feedstuffs.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
Formula: C9H8Cl2O3 / C6H3Cl2OCH(CH3)COOH
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
|The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.|
|Other melting points: 114°C (technical product).
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
If the substance is formulated with solvent(s) also consult the card(s) (ICSC) of the solvent(s).
Carrier solvents used in commercial formulations may change physical and toxicological properties.
Symbol: Xn; R: 21/22-38-41; S: (2)-26-36/37
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|