Not combustible. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.
NO contact with oxidizing agents.
In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media.
AVOID ALL CONTACT! IN ALL CASES CONSULT A DOCTOR!
Use local exhaust or breathing protection.
Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap. Refer for medical attention .
Wear safety goggles.
First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.
Convulsions. Muscle stiffness. Shock or collapse.
Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work. Wash hands before eating.
Rinse mouth. Refer for medical attention . Avoid unnecessary stimulation of the victim.
CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING
Personal protection: self-contained breathing apparatus. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Sweep spilled substance into covered containers. If appropriate, moisten first to prevent dusting. Carefully collect remainder. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.
According to UN GHS Criteria
Transportation UN Classification
UN Hazard Class: 6.1; UN Pack Group: I
Provision to contain effluent from fire extinguishing. Separated from strong oxidants and food and feedstuffs. Well closed.
Do not transport with food and feedstuffs. Marine pollutant.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION
Physical State; Appearance ODOURLESS AND COLOURLESS CRYSTALS WITH BITTER TASTE.
Chemical dangers Decomposes on heating. This produces toxic fumes including nitrogen oxides. The substance is a weak base. Reacts with strong oxidants. This generates fire and explosion hazard.
Routes of exposure The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation of its aerosol and by ingestion.
Effects of short-term exposure The substance may cause effects on the central nervous system. This may result in convulsions, muscle contractions and respiratory failure. Exposure could cause death.
Inhalation risk Evaporation at 20°C is negligible; a harmful concentration of airborne particles can, however, be reached quickly when dispersed, especially if powdered.
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS
TLV: 0.15 mg/m3, as TWA
The substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms. This substance may be hazardous to the environment. Special attention should be given to birds. This substance does enter the environment under normal use. Great care, however, should be taken to avoid any additional release, for example through inappropriate disposal.
Specific treatment is necessary in case of poisoning with this substance; the appropriate means with instructions must be available.
All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.