|CAS #: 79-01-6|
| UN #: 1710
|EC Number: 201-167-4
|ACUTE HAZARDS||PREVENTION||FIRE FIGHTING|
|FIRE & EXPLOSION||Combustible under specific conditions. See Notes. Gives off irritating or toxic fumes (or gases) in a fire.||NO open flames, NO sparks and NO smoking. NO contact with hot surfaces, strong bases or finely divided metals. Prevent build-up of electrostatic charges (e.g., by grounding).||In case of fire in the surroundings, use appropriate extinguishing media. In case of fire: keep drums, etc., cool by spraying with water.|
|PREVENT GENERATION OF MISTS! AVOID ALL CONTACT!|
|Inhalation||Dizziness. Drowsiness. Headache. Weakness. Nausea. Unconsciousness.||Use closed system.||Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|Skin||Dry skin. Redness.||Protective gloves. Protective clothing.||Remove contaminated clothes. Rinse and then wash skin with water and soap.|
|Eyes||Redness. Pain.||Wear safety spectacles or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.||First rinse with plenty of water for several minutes (remove contact lenses if easily possible), then refer for medical attention.|
|Ingestion||Sore throat. Aspiration hazard! See Inhalation. Cardiac dysrhythmia. Respiratory arrest.||Do not eat, drink, or smoke during work.||Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Refer immediately for medical attention.|
|SPILLAGE DISPOSAL||CLASSIFICATION & LABELLING|
|Personal protection: filter respirator for organic gases and vapours adapted to the airborne concentration of the substance and complete protective clothing. Ventilation. Do NOT let this chemical enter the environment. Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent. Then store and dispose of according to local regulations.||
According to UN GHS Criteria
May be harmful if swallowed
Causes skin irritation
Causes serious eye irritation
Suspected of causing genetic defects
May cause cancer
May cause drowsiness or dizziness
May be harmful if swallowed and enters airways
Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects
|Separated from metals, strong bases, food and feedstuffs, combustible substances and ignition sources. See Chemical Dangers. Dry. Keep in the dark. Keep in a well-ventilated room. Cool.|
|Do not transport with food and feedstuffs.
|PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL INFORMATION|
Physical State; Appearance
Formula: C2HCl3 / ClCH=CCl2
|EXPOSURE & HEALTH EFFECTS|
Routes of exposure
Effects of short-term exposure
Effects of long-term or repeated exposure
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE LIMITS|
TLV: 10 ppm as TWA; 25 ppm as STEL; A2 (suspected human carcinogen); BEI issued.
MAK: skin absorption (H); carcinogen category: 1; germ cell mutagen group: 3B
|The substance is harmful to aquatic organisms. The substance may cause long-term effects in the aquatic environment. It is strongly advised not to let the chemical enter into the environment.|
|Combustible vapour/air mixtures difficult to ignite, may be developed under certain conditions.
Use of alcoholic beverages enhances the harmful effect.
Depending on the degree of exposure, periodic medical examination is suggested.
The odour warning when the exposure limit value is exceeded is insufficient.
Do NOT use in the vicinity of a fire or a hot surface, or during welding.
Symbol: T; R: 45-36/38-52/53-67; S: 53-45-61
|All rights reserved. The published material is being distributed without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Neither ILO nor WHO nor the European Commission shall be responsible for the interpretation and use of the information contained in this material.|