Indemnización por despido e indemnización especifica por despidos económicos - El Salvador - 2010
+ show references
- Labour Code [LC], 1972, as last amended by Legislative Decree No 839 of March 2009 (Codigo de Trabajo, available only in Spanish)
Fecha: 26 Mar 2009; ver la pagina web
- The Constitution of El Salvador, 1983, Titlle II, Chapter II, Section II, as last amended in May 2009 (Constitución de la República de El Salvador - in Spanish only)
Fecha: 27 May 2009; ver la pagina web
- Decree No. 888 of 2 May 2000 with regard to equal opportunities for persons with disabilities (Ley de equiparación de oportunidades para las personas con discapacidad - in Spanish only)
Fecha: 02 May 2000; ver la pagina web
Notas / Comentarios
1) Dismissal with cause (conduct or capacity related): no severance pay
2) De facto dismissal (dismissal without cause): compensation for unjustified dismissal equivalent to 30 day's pay for each year of service with a minimum of 15 days' pay.
As already indicated, any dismissal for economic reasons which do not fall within the limited categories specified in the LC (see above 'Definition of collective dismissal') will be treated as a 'de facto dismissal' and will therefore entail payment of compensation for unjustified dismissal by the employer.