Voies de recours et procédure contentieuse en cas de litiges individuels - Egypte - 2017
+ show references
- Labour Law [LL], No. 12 of 2003.
Date: 07 Apr 2003 (voir dans NATLEX »)
- Law No. 180 of 2008 amending Certain Provisions of the Labour Law No. 12 of 2003 (not available in English in electronic format).
[This law amends art. 70, 71, 71 of the LL on dispute resolution. In particular, "the committee" is to be replaced by "the labour court" wherever it is mentioned in the principal law.]
Date: 22 Jun 2008 (voir dans NATLEX »)
- Decree No. 984 of 2003 concerning the formation of local committees for deciding the close-down requests, and the central committee for complaints for the decisions of these committees.
Date: 11 Jun 2003 (voir dans NATLEX »)
- Law No. 18 of 2015 concerning the Civil Service [Civil Service Law]
Date: 12 Mar 2015; voir le site internet »
Compensation pour licenciement injustifié - montant librement déterminé par la cour: Non
Compensation pour licenciement injustifié - limites légales (plafond en mois ou methode de calcul définie):
Not less than two months' wage for each year of service.
Possibilité de réintégration dans l'emploi: Oui
- Reinstatement is only available in the following cases:
- If the Labour Court rejects the employer's request to dismiss an employee on disciplinary grounds (listed in art. 69 LL), it will order the employer to reinstate the worker and pay him back wages. However, if the employer does not follow the court's decision, the dismissal is deemed as an unjustified dismissal and the worker is allowed financial compensation as provided in art. 122 LL (art. 71 LL, as amended in 2008).
- If the court considers that the employer requests the dismissal of a worker because of his or her trade union activities, it will order the employer to reinstate the worker if so requested by the worker (art. 71 LL, as amended in 2008).
In any other cases, unjustified termination by employer will only give right to compensation (art. 122 LL).
Conciliation préalable obligatoire: Oui
- If an individual dispute on the application of the LL arises, it shall first be brought to tripartite body (consisting in representatives of the competent administrative administration, of the employer and of the trade union) for amicable settlement.
Courts ou tribunaux compétents: tribunal du travail
- See art. 70 and 71 LL as amended in 2008. Since 2008, the Committee in charge of settling individual labour disputes has been replaced by the Labour Court.
Règlement des litiges individuels par arbitrage: Non
- No provision found in the legislation reviewed.