Vías de recurso y procedimientos contenciosos en casos de litigios individuales - Egipto - 2017
+ show references
- Labour Law [LL], No. 12 of 2003.
Fecha: 07 Apr 2003 (ver en NATLEX »)
- Law No. 180 of 2008 amending Certain Provisions of the Labour Law No. 12 of 2003 (not available in English in electronic format).
[This law amends art. 70, 71, 71 of the LL on dispute resolution. In particular, "the committee" is to be replaced by "the labour court" wherever it is mentioned in the principal law.]
Fecha: 22 Jun 2008 (ver en NATLEX »)
- Decree No. 984 of 2003 concerning the formation of local committees for deciding the close-down requests, and the central committee for complaints for the decisions of these committees.
Fecha: 11 Jun 2003 (ver en NATLEX »)
- Law No. 18 of 2015 concerning the Civil Service [Civil Service Law]
Fecha: 12 Mar 2015; ver la pagina web »
Compensación por despido injustificado - libre determinación de la Corte: No
Compensación por despido injustificado - límites legales (techo calculado en meses o método de calculo):
Not less than two months' wage for each year of service.
Posibilidad de readmisión: Sí
- Reinstatement is only available in the following cases:
- If the Labour Court rejects the employer's request to dismiss an employee on disciplinary grounds (listed in art. 69 LL), it will order the employer to reinstate the worker and pay him back wages. However, if the employer does not follow the court's decision, the dismissal is deemed as an unjustified dismissal and the worker is allowed financial compensation as provided in art. 122 LL (art. 71 LL, as amended in 2008).
- If the court considers that the employer requests the dismissal of a worker because of his or her trade union activities, it will order the employer to reinstate the worker if so requested by the worker (art. 71 LL, as amended in 2008).
In any other cases, unjustified termination by employer will only give right to compensation (art. 122 LL).
Conciliación previa obligatoria: Sí
- If an individual dispute on the application of the LL arises, it shall first be brought to tripartite body (consisting in representatives of the competent administrative administration, of the employer and of the trade union) for amicable settlement.
Corte o Tribunal competente: tribunal del trabajo
- See art. 70 and 71 LL as amended in 2008. Since 2008, the Committee in charge of settling individual labour disputes has been replaced by the Labour Court.
- No provision found in the legislation reviewed.