Avenues for redress (penalties, remedies) and litigation procedure for individual complaints - Moldova, Republic of - 2017
+ show references
- Labour Code [LC], No 154-XV (2003), as last amended on 20 July, 2017
Date: 20 Jul 2017; view website » (view in NATLEX »)
Compensation for unfair dismissal - free determination by court: No
Compensation for unfair dismissal - Legal limits (ceiling in months or calculation method):
Compensation for illegal dismissal includes:
1) Damages for the moral prejudice: fixed by the court but shall amount to at least to 1 month' pay.
Moreover, in lieu of reinstatement, additional compensation is due amounting at least to 3 months' pay.
2) Compensation for extra expenses (expert consultation, court costs...)
3) Not less than the the average pay for the period of absence to work
Reinstatement available: Yes
Preliminary mandatory conciliation: No
- No statutory provision in the legislation reviewed.
Competent court(s) / tribunal(s): ordinary courts
Existing arbitration: No
Length of procedure: 40 day(s) (statutory)
- Art. 355 LC: the court must convoke the parties within 10 days from the date of the registration of the application and decide on the case within 30 days.