Avenues for redress (penalties, remedies) and litigation procedure for individual complaints - Bolivia - 2017
+ show references
- Labour Code, updated to 2011
(Ley del 24 de mayo de 1939 Ley General del Trabajo - Vigente y Actualizada 2011)
Date: 2011; view website »
- Supreme Decree No 28699 of 2006 (Decreto Supremo Núm. 28699)
Date: 01 May 2006; view website »
- Code on Labour Procedure, 1979 (Código Procesal del Trabajo aprobado por DL 16896 de 25/07/1979)
Date: 25 Jul 1979; view website »
- Decree Law Nº 16187 of February 1979 (Decreto Ley Núm. 16187)
Date: 16 Feb 1979
- Resolución Ministerial N º 283/62 del 13 de junio de 1962
Date: 13 Jun 1962
- Legislative Decree No. 38 of 7 February 1944 modified and updated by Law No 3352 of February 2006.
Date: 21 Feb 2006
Compensation for unfair dismissal - free determination by court: No
- See Article 13 LC (above)
Reinstatement available: Yes
- Articles 10 and 11 of Supreme Decree No. 28699 provides for the possibility for employees to choose between reinstatement or compensation in case of unfair dismissal.
If the employee opts for reinstatement, he/she can request the Labour Authority to issue a reinstatement order, provided that the dismissal is proved to be unjustified.
Preliminary mandatory conciliation: No
- Only for collective labour disputes
Competent court(s) / tribunal(s): labour court
- The procedure is governed by the Code on Labour Procedure, 1979, (Código de procedimiento laboral 1979)
Existing arbitration: No
- Only in the case of collective labour disputes.
Note: In 2015, a new law on arbitration and conciliation was approved (Ley No. 708 of 25 June 2015), which explicitly excludes labour relations from its scope (Art. 5).