Avenues for redress (penalties, remedies) and litigation procedure for individual complaints - Austria - 2016
+ show references
- Civil Code [CC], 1811, as last amended in Jun 2016 (BGBl. I Nr. 43/2016) [Allgemeines bürgerliches Gesetzbuch (ABGB), available in German only]
Date: Jun 2016; view website » (view in NATLEX »)
- Works Constitution Act [WCA], 14 December 1973, as last amended in April 2013 (BGBl. I Nr. 71/2013)
(Arbeitsverfassungsgesetz - ArbVG, available in German only)
Date: Apr 2013; view website »
- Employees (White-collar) Act [EA] of 11 May 1921, as last amended in December 2015 (BGBl. I Nr. 58/2010)
(Angestelltengesetz AngG, available in German only)
Date: Dec 2015; view website » (view in NATLEX »)
- Corporate Staff and Self-Employment Provision Act, (BGBl. I Nr. 100/2002), last amended in December 2016 (BGBl. I Nr. 118/2016) [Betriebliches Mitarbeiter und Selbständigenvorsorgegesetz]
[Note: the English version only include amendments up to BGBl. I Nr. 77/2011]
Date: Dec 2016; view website »
Compensation for unfair dismissal - free determination by court: Yes
Compensation for unfair dismissal - Legal limits (ceiling in months or calculation method):
- Application of the general civil law rules on damage compensation: reimbursement of actual loss of earnings between dismissal and ruling.
Reinstatement available: Yes
- Sec. 105 WCA. No reinstatement as such. However, if the Court finds the dismissal unlawful, it will declare it void and therefore the employment relationship continues.
Preliminary mandatory conciliation: No
Competent court(s) / tribunal(s): labour court
- Sec. 105(4) WCA and 50 (1) Labour and Social Court Act.
Existing arbitration: Yes
- Chapter 4 Code of Civil Procedure as amended by the New Arbitration Law 2013 ("Schiedsrechts-Änderungsgesetz").