Avenues for redress (penalties, remedies) and litigation procedure for individual complaints - Cameroon - 2019
+ show references
- Labour Code, Law No. 92/007, [LC]
Date: 14 Aug 1992 (view in NATLEX »)
- Implementing texts dated 26 May 1993:
* Decree No. 021 setting the terms for termination of employment for economic reasons;
* Order No. 015 setting the conditions and duration of the notice period;
* Order No. 016 setting the terms for compensation and calculation of severance pay;
* Order No. 017 setting the terms for probationary period. (view in NATLEX »)
- Arrêté n° 017/MTPS/SG/CJ du 26 mai 1993 fixant la durée maximale et les modalités de l'engagement à l'essai.
- Order No. 22/MTPS/SG/CJ establishing procedures governing terminations on economic grounds (referred to by the Government in the Observation (CEACR) - adopted 2017, published 107th ILC session (2018) on the application of ILO Convention No. 158)
- Décret n° 021/MTPS/SG/CJ du 26 mai 1993 fixant les modalités de licenciement pour motif économique.
Compensation for unfair dismissal - free determination by court: No
Compensation for unfair dismissal - Legal limits (ceiling in months or calculation method):
Unfair dismissal: not more than 1 month's salary per year of service and not less than 3 months' salary.
In addition, failure to observe the procedural requirements gives rise to compensation of not more than 1 month's salary.
Reinstatement available: No
Preliminary mandatory conciliation: Yes
Competent court(s) / tribunal(s): labour court
Existing arbitration: No