Conditions de forme / procédure du licenciement individuel - Egypte - 2017
+ show references
- Labour Law [LL], No. 12 of 2003.
Date: 07 Apr 2003 (voir dans NATLEX
- Law No. 180 of 2008 amending Certain Provisions of the Labour Law No. 12 of 2003 (not available in English in electronic format).
[This law amends art. 70, 71, 71 of the LL on dispute resolution. In particular, "the committee" is to be replaced by "the labour court" wherever it is mentioned in the principal law.]
Date: 22 Jun 2008 (voir dans NATLEX
- Decree No. 984 of 2003 concerning the formation of local committees for deciding the close-down requests, and the central committee for complaints for the decisions of these committees.
Date: 11 Jun 2003 (voir dans NATLEX
- Law No. 18 of 2015 concerning the Civil Service [Civil Service Law]
Date: 12 Mar 2015; voir le site internet
Forme de la notification du licenciement au travailleur
Délai de préavis
- As regards the termination of an open-ended employment contract, either party shall observe a notice period which varies according to the employer's length of service as follows:
- 2 months if the worker's uninterrupted period of service with the employer is less than 10 years, and
- 3 months if that period exceeds 10 years (Art. 111 LL).
- ancienneté ≥ 6 mois
- ancienneté ≥ 9 mois
- ancienneté ≥ 2 ans
- ancienneté ≥ 4 ans
- ancienneté ≥ 5 ans
- ancienneté ≥ 10 ans
- ancienneté ≥ 20 ans
Indemnité compensatrice de préavis
Notification à l'administration publique: Non
Notification aux représentants des travailleurs: Non
Autorisation de l'administration publique ou d'un organe judiciaire: Oui
- Before dismissing a worker on disciplinary grounds (listed in art. 69 LL), the employer needs to submit a request to the Labour Court which shall decide on the worker's dismissal within 15 days from the date of the first session (art. 71 LL, as amended in 2008). [Note that prior to the adoption on the 2008 amendment, the decision to dismiss a worker as a sanction for serious misconduct was not taken by the Labour Court but a special committee established by the 2003 LL for these purposes and which consisted on two judges, the head of the concerned Directorate of Manpower or his/her representative, a representative of the Federation of Egyptian Trade Unions; and a member of a concerned employers' organisation).
Accord des représentants des travailleurs: Non
Notes / Remarques
- Under the LL, as amended in 2008, there is a special procedure for dismissal on disciplinary grounds.
Where a worker is accused of an offence for which the appropriate disciplinary penalty is dismissal, the employer must, before deciding to dismiss him/her, submit a request to do so to the Labour Court which can either grant authorization or refuse the dismissal. The decision shall be taken within 15 days. (art. 68, 69, 71 LL as amended in 2008).
- This procedure is not applicable to a dismissal based on the worker's inefficiency which is governed by specific regulations (see art. 110 LL)