Procedural requirements for individual dismissals - Serbia - 2017
+ show references
- Labour Law [LL], dated 2005 as last amended in 2017 by Law No. 13/2017
Consolidated version available in Serbian
Date: 2017; view website »
- Act on Peaceful Settlement of Labour Disputes, 2004 as last amended with Law No 104/2009
Date: 2009 (view in NATLEX »)
Notification to the worker to be dismissed: written
- Art. 189 LL foresees a notice period only for those employees dismissed for lack of performance, i.e. qualifications and skills.
Notice period is minimum 1 month and maximum 3 months depending on the "duration of the insurance period" (period for which the employee has paid contributions for the retirement insurance), as follows:
- 1 month for up to 10 years of insurance period;
- 2 months for 10-20 years of insurance period;
- 3 months over 20 years of insurance period.
Pay in lieu of notice: Yes
Notification to the public administration: No
Notification to workers' representatives: No
- Exception: Trade union must be notified in case of dismissal of trade union member: art. 181 LL.
Approval by public administration or judicial bodies: No
Approval by workers' representatives: No