Procedural requirements for individual dismissals - Syrian Arab Republic - 2013
+ show references
- Labour Law [LL], No. 17/2010 of 29 March 2010
Date: 12 Apr 2010 (view in NATLEX »)
Notification to the worker to be dismissed: written
- Art. 56 (a) LL: Either the employer or the worker may terminate the unspecified-term contract provided they send the other party written notice prior to termination.
- Art. 56 a) 1) LL: Notice shall be sent two months prior to termination.
In the event of termination of a disabled worker, the notice period shall be doubled (art. 140 LL).
- tenure ≥ 6 months
- tenure ≥ 9 months
- tenure ≥ 2 years
- tenure ≥ 4 years
- tenure ≥ 5 years
- tenure ≥ 10 years
- tenure ≥ 20 years
Pay in lieu of notice: Yes
- - Art. 56(b) LL: The party terminating the employment contract without notice or before the completion of the notice period shall pay the other party compensation equal to the wage of the worker for the whole or remaining duration of the notice period, unless the worker is dispensed from the notice period.
- Art. 60 LL: Employers may dispense workers from working during the notice period and consider their service uninterrupted until the end of the notice period, with all accruing effects, in particular the amount of wages for the notice period.
Notification to the public administration: No
Notification to workers' representatives: No
Approval by public administration or judicial bodies: No
Approval by workers' representatives: No