Procedural requirements for individual dismissals - Ghana - 2013
+ show references
- Labour Act [LA], Act No. 651 of 2003
(in force since 31 March 2004)
Date: 08 Oct 2003; view website » (view in NATLEX »)
- Labour Regulations, 2007 (L.I. 1833)
(in force since 31 July 2007)
Date: 28 May 2007 (view in NATLEX »)
Notification to the worker to be dismissed: written
- Art. 17(3) LA: Notice of termination must be in writing.
- Art. 17 (1), (2) LA:
* The notice period varies according to the length of the contract as follows:
- 1 month's notice (or pay in lieu of notice) in the case of a contract of 3 years or more;
- 2 weeks' notice (or pay in lieu of notice) in the case of a contract of less than 3 years;
- 7 days' notice (or pay in lieu of notice) in the case of a contract from week to week.
* A contract of employment determinable at the will of the party may be terminated at the close of anyday without notice.
Pay in lieu of notice: Yes
- Art. 17 (1) and 18 (4) LA.
Notification to the public administration: No
Notification to workers' representatives: No
Approval by public administration or judicial bodies: No
Approval by workers' representatives: No