Procedural requirements for individual dismissals - Azerbaijan - 2019
+ show references
- Labour Code of 1 February 1999, as amended in 2017
Date: 2009; view website »
Notification to the worker to be dismissed: written
- Art. 75 LC provides that the employer has to comply with the employment contract in writing. No further explicit provision in the LC stating that the notification has to come in writing.
- Art. 77 (1) LC
Amendments were made on this in 2017.
- tenure ≥ 1 year
- economic dismissal - 2 week(s).
- tenure ≥ 5 years
- economic dismissal - 4 week(s).
- tenure ≥ 10 years
- economic dismissal - 6 week(s).
- tenure ≥ 20 years
- economic dismissal - 9 week(s).
Pay in lieu of notice: Yes
Notification to the public administration: No
Notification to workers' representatives: No
Approval by public administration or judicial bodies: No
Approval by workers' representatives: No
- However, according to Art. 80 LC, the employer has to obtain the authorization of the trade union to dismiss a member of that trade union.