Procedural requirements for individual dismissals - Rwanda - 2013
+ show references
- Law No 13/2009 of 27 May 2009 regulating labour in Rwanda [LL]
Date: 27 May 2009; view website » (view in NATLEX »)
Notification to the worker to be dismissed: written
- Art. 30 LL: notice of termination must be given in writing to the interested party and must specify the reasons for the dismissal.
- Art. 27 LL: The notice period shall be at least:
- 15 days if the worker has worked for less than a year;
- 1 month if the worker has workers for a period of one year or more.
No notice period shall apply to a worker on probation.
- tenure ≥ 6 months
- tenure ≥ 9 months
- tenure ≥ 2 years
- tenure ≥ 4 years
- tenure ≥ 5 years
- tenure ≥ 10 years
- tenure ≥ 20 years
Pay in lieu of notice: Yes
Notification to the public administration: Yes
- No general obligation to notify the administration of any dismissal. This only applies in case of the dismissal of a worker for economic and technological reasons (art. 34 LL - see below under collective dismissals).
Notification to workers' representatives: No
Approval by public administration or judicial bodies: No
Approval by workers' representatives: No