Tipos de contratos de trabajo - Angola - 2013
+ show references
- General Labour Act of Angola, 2000 (LEI GERAL DO TRABALHO, in Portuguese)
Fecha: 06 Feb 2009; ver la pagina web
» (ver en NATLEX
Duración maxima del periodo de prueba: 6 mes(es)
Contrato de duración determinada (CDD)
- Art. 19 GLA: The standard probationary period shall be 60 days. However, the parties can extend this period, in writing, to 4 months when a highly qualified employee is concerned, or to 6 months when the worker is hired to perform highly complex technical work or if he/she occupies a managerial position which requires high level education.
If the contract is concluded for a fixed-term, a probationary period can be stipulated in writing provided that it does not exceed 15 days for unskilled workers and 30 days for skilled workers.
During that period, either part may terminate the employment contract without prior justification and prior notice, and without any compensation.
- FTC regulated: Si
- Razones de utilización legítima de CDD: razones materiales y objetivas
- Art. 14 GLA: employment contracts are concluded for an indefinite term. As an exception, contracts can be concluded for a specific period of time. Those contracts must be in writing.
Art. 15 GLA states that fixed-term contracts can only be concluded in limited situation and provides a limited list of those situations (They include: replacement of a temporarily absent worker, temporary increase of the business activity, carrying out occasional and punctual tasks which do not fall within the normal activities of the employer's business, seasonal work, execution of urgent work to avoid accidents, training and vocational training, launching of new activities, employment of persons with disabilities, older workers, persons unemployed for over a year....)
- Número máximo de CDD consecutivos: sin limitación
- Duración máxima acumulativa de CDD consecutivos: 36 mes(es)
- The GLA provides for maximum statutory durations of FTC of 6, 12 or 36 months depending on the reason for which the contract was concluded (art. 16 GLA). Renewals of FTCs are allowed provided that the maximum cumulative duration does not exceed the statutory limits (art. 17 GLA). These limits are established as follows:
- 6 months if the FTC is concluded to undertake seasonal work or to implement urgent safety measures.
- 12 months in the event of temporary increase of the business activity or in order to carry out occasional and punctual tasks which do not fall within the normal activities of the employer's business.
- 36 months in the following instances: replacement of a temporarily absent worker; launching of new activities; employment of persons with disabilities, older workers, persons unemployed for over a year; execution of specific periodic tasks which are of a discontinuous nature; execution, management and supervision of civil engineering works or similar work of a temporary nature.
As an exception, in certain limited cases (if the absent worker does not return within 36 months or if employment policy measures on employment of persons with disabilities, older workers, persons unemployed for over a year are still applicable at the expiry of the 36 month-contract or if the duration of the civil engineering works exceeds 36 months), the Labour Inspectorate can authorize the extension beyond the maximum duration of 36 months for another 24 months (60 months in total) (art. 16 (1)and(2) GLA).