Tackling Child Labour Through Education (TACKLE) – Guyana and Jamaica
Project aimed at helping to reduce poverty by providing access to basic education and skills training for disadvantaged children and youth.
Intended Beneficiaries: Children involved in child labour, government, employers, and labour unions in Guyana and Jamaica.
- To help reduce poverty by providing access to basic education and skills training for disadvantaged children and youth.
- To strengthen the capacity of national and local authorities in the formulation, implementation and enforcement of policies to tackle child labour in coordination with social partners and civil society
- Country level legal framework prepared or strengthened where already in existence.
- Strengthened institutional capacity leading to improved ability to formulate and implement child labour strategies.
- Targeted actions to combat child labour designed and implemented.
- Improved advocacy and dissemination of good practices to enhanced knowledge base and networks on child labour and education.