Session I: Assessing the Implementation of the Caribbean Labour Agenda - An Update Towards Achieving the Conclusions of the 8th Ministers of Labour Meeting, 2013
By Mr. Giovanni di Cola, Director, ILO Decent Work Team and Office for the Caribbean
Session II: CARICOM and ILO working together to implement the Decent Work Agenda in the Caribbean and priorities expressed by the Ministers of Labour.
- CARICOM and the Decent Work Agenda - by Ms. Olivia Smith, Programme Manager, Free Movement of Labour, CSME Unit, Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat, Barbados
Session III: Regional tripartite social dialogue mechanism.
- Introduction by Ms. Paula Robinson, Senior Specialist for Workers’ Activities, ILO-DWT and Office for the Caribbean
- CEC and the Regional Tripartite Social Dialogue Mechanism by Wayne Chen, President, Caribbean Employers' Confederation (CEC)
- CCL at the Ninth ILO Meeting of Caribbean Labour Ministers by David Massiah, President, Caribbean Congress of Labour (CCL)
- Foreign Direct Investment and possibilities for youth unemployment by George Nicholson, Director of Transport and Disaster Risk Reduction, Association of Caribbean States (ACS)
Session V: (a) Climate change and impact on jobs;
- Climate Change and Impact on Jobs by Professor Ulric Trotz, Deputy Director and Science Advisor, Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC), Belize
- Decent Work and Just Transition in the new climate agreement by Peter Poschen, Director Enterprise Department, ILO-HQ, Geneva
(b) Sharing experiences aimed at greening the economy for sustainable development
- Barbados Experiences by Senator Dr. the Hon. Esther Byer-Suckoo, Minister of Labour, Social Security and Human Resource Development, Barbados
Session VI: Regional Representation and Capacity Building
by Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Labour, Small and Micro Enterprise Development, Trinidad and Tobago