The My Fair Home campaign is a joint initiative of the ILO and the International Domestic Workers Federation. The campaign aims to elicit attitudinal and behavioural change among employers of domestic workers to ensure decent work. The campaign encourages employers to sign onto the ‘My Fair Home pledge’, committing to six principles of decent work for domestic workers:
- I ensure domestic workers in my home receive fair wages, reasonable work hours and time to rest;
- I respect the terms and conditions of employment as stipulated in the contract, signed between the domestic worker and myself;
- I ensure that domestic workers in my home have access to decent healthcare;
- I actively ensure a work environment that is free from abuse, harassment and violence;
- I ensure that domestic workers in my home enjoy decent living conditions and a safe, secure and private bedroom; and
- I ensure domestic workers in my home enjoy a full day of rest, spent where and how they choose.