Implemented jointly with UNICEF, and with the private sector where relevant, the activities will consist of the following:
- Support NGOs (Vocational Training [VT] providers) in various communities through designing community based Labour Market Assessment tools, training, coaching and follow-up to conduct, analyse and validate labour market assessments at local level.
- Support the National Employment Office (NEO) in designing and implementing at least three sectoral labour market assessments identified jointly at the national level.
- Support both NGOs (VT providers) and the NEO in designing and running tracer studies for graduates and employers satisfaction surveys at both national and local levels; based on the results of the first two activities.
- Support the analysis, validation and dissemination of labour market assessment findings at local, sectoral and national levels.
- Analyse the institutional and management functions of selected training providers and strengthen capacities.
- Design and implement Trainings of Trainers on competency based training (CBT), occupational safety and health (OSH), learning methods and assessment and certification of CBT.
- Develop a CBT manual inclusive of a standard framework for life skills and rights at work learning objectives for Lebanon.
- Support the design of CBT curricula, training materials and test questions.
- Upgrade selected competency standards involving private sector using the Developing A Curriculum (DACUM) approach.
- Explore possible international accreditation of CBT in construction.
Purpose:This collaboration complements ongoing initiatives aiming to enhance the TVET system with the view to ensure fair and smooth transition of youth into the labour market. In particular, this collaboration has two outputs as follows:
- Output 1: Improved availability and quality of labour market information on community and national level.
- Output 2: Competency based training programmes relevant to labour market demand developed and initiated.