The national conference on Social Protection Floor is organized between the ILO and the Social Security Corporation in Jordan and in collaboration with UNICEF and WHO with an objective to assist the Government of Jordan in the progressive extension of social protection measures through introducing the SPF-Initiative and it aims also to assist UN member States in providing a minimum of income security and access to essential health care to all those in need, in particular to the unemployed and to workers in the informal economy.
The extension of social protection measures should build on already existing initiatives and programmes of the national social security institutions and should promote dialogue between the social partners and other key stakeholders to this end.
The specific objectives of the conference are:
- To introduce and discuss the concept of the Social Protection Floor,
- To share good practice experience of establishing a national Social Protection Floor,
- To explore the feasibility for the establishment of a national Social Protection Floor in Jordan,
- To assess the possibility of establishing a taskforce (tripartite stakeholders and relevant UN agencies), with the mandate to develop an action plan toward introducing a SPF,
- To identify how the different UN Agencies, and in particular ILO, UNICEF and WHO can assist stakeholders in establishing a national Social Protection Floor in Jordan.