The meeting aims to introduce ILO plans for expansion of the technical cooperation programme in the occupied Palestinian territory, which reflects the key principles of the Decent Work Agenda, supports national initiatives targeting decent work deficits, and enhances national capacity to integrate decent work into social and economic policies.
The meeting which will be attended by high level representatives of the Palestinian Authority, representatives of workers' and employers' organizations, UN agencies and the donor community will discuss progress and developments within the context of the ILO programme of technical cooperation in the occupied Palestinian territory.The meeting will present the following proposals:
- Framework for an expanded ILO programme of technical cooperation in the occupied Palestinian territory
- Revitalization of the Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection
- Improving the Quality of Employment in Palestinian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Support to Palestinian Cooperatives for Employment and Income Creation
- Strengthening the Institutional Mechanisms for Social Dialogue in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Skills Development and Job Creation to Support Reconstruction Efforts in Gaza