The event aims to contribute to a better understanding of Decent Work and the powerful impact it can have on the Millennium Development Goals, with an emphasis on poverty reduction. It will also seek to identify policies that have proven their capacity to accelerate progress towards the achievement of the MDGs. Held at the Qatar Foundation, the Forum will be attended by representatives of the ILO, ITC/ILO, the Arab Labor Organization, UN agencies and the DIIFSD.
- Promoting social dialogue and respecting and realizing fundamental principles and rights at work
- Developing sustainable, country-specific social protection schemes: towards social protection for all
- Gender equality in the world of work
- The millennium declaration, the millennium development goals and the ILO's decent work agenda: a global perspective
- Poverty and decent work in the Arab region: where do we stand?
- Skills development for job creation, economic growth and poverty reduction
- Briefing paper preared for the Doha forum on decent work and poverty
- Decent work and youth employment
- Promoting inclusive financial services with specific focus on youth