Organized by the ILO and the Migrant Forum in Asia (MFA), the event brings together diplomatic and consular representatives, civil society groups, national human rights institutions and international organizations for a two-day workshop, as part of efforts to promote migrant workers' rights in Jordan.
- To develop a shared understanding of the issues and concerns of migrant workers in Jordan;
- To share good practices and experiences provided by diplomatic missions to their nationals in Jordan;
- To raise awareness of international labour conventions such C189 on Decent Work for Domestic Workers, C87 on Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize and C98 on the Right to Organize and Collective Bargaining; and advocate for their ratification and implementation;
- To discuss advocacy efforts in relation to issues such as: wages, sponsorship system reforms and the standardized contract for migrant (domestic) workers;
- To strengthen collaboration among the missions and consulates, civil society organizations, national human rights institutions and international organizations in countries of origin and in Jordan that work for the protection of the rights of migrant workers.