Event SummarySenior editors and news directors from Jordan News Agency (Petra) meet for a briefing on labour migration and migrant workers’ rights in Jordan.
The purpose of the session is to brief participants on the key principles for reporting on labour and migration issues in Jordan in a rights-based, accurate and gender-sensitive manner. Key areas of discussion will include:
- International labour standards;
- Jordan’s labour market and the role of migrant workers and refugee workers within it;
- Challenges in vulnerable sectors, including garment manufacturing, agriculture, domestic work and construction;
- Key principles of ethical journalism within the context of migrant workers, forced labour and human trafficking;
- Guidelines on the use of data, images and video; and
- The role of editors and directors in framing and publishing stories in a rights-based manner.