Event SummaryParticipants to the 2018 Migration Journalism Fellowship Programme, hosted by the ILO and the Ethical Journalism Network, meet for an intensive training workshop to kick off their six-month programme.
The purpose of the training programme is to equip the journalism fellows with the knowledge, strategies and networks in order to produce high quality reporting on labour migration within the Arab States. The fellows will take part in a series of sessions and workshops covering:
- Labour migration, refugees, forced labour and trafficking in persons in the Arab States;
- Principles of ethical journalism;
- Rights-based and gender-sensitive language;
- Storytelling through writing, photography, data visualization and podcasts;
- Digital security to protect yourself and your sources; and
- Investigative journalism.