This one-day press conference that is sponsored by the ILO and held under the patronage of the Jordanian Ministry of Labour and Ministry of health will launch the National tripartite Policy on HIV/AIDS and the world of the work in Jordan. The event is the culmination of two years of collaborative, participatory advocacy work aimed at promoting decent work through the application of international labour standards and fundamental principles and rights at work. The policy is the first of its kind in the Arab region, and it is considered a milestone for Jordan and an example for other Arab states to replicate. Its aim is to increase the implementation of HIV /AIDS policies and programmes by workers and employers in the workplace, and to ensure social protection for workers and prevent them from experiencing HIV-related discrimination at work.
- Present the technical committee on HIV and World of work established under the umbrella of the Ministry of Labour.
- Present the plan of action for policy implementation.
- Distribute the ILO study on “Analysis and priority setting in relation to law and practice on HIV and AIDS and world of work in Jordan”.
- Present a brief for the policy.
- Show the ILO/UNESCO video on HIV discrimination at workplace.
Related Links & ILO Documents: