The workshop connects employers and workers with UNRWA’s Employment Services Centres and raises awareness about the legal and administrative procedures concerning Palestinian employment in Lebanon. It is one of a series of workshops organized under the joint ILO-UNRWA project, “Employment Services for Palestinian Refugees in South Lebanon”, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The main objectives are to:
- Inform participants of the services provided by the Employment Services Centres and UNRWA
- Inform participants of the legal framework and administrative procedures needed to employ Palestinians
- Inform participants of the minimum requirements for employing Palestinian refugees and address some of the challenges affecting the quality of jobs offered to Palestinian
- Support outreach activities by identifying potential skills and gaps in labour demand
- Discuss ways to further support Palestinian job seekers in collaboration with the ESCs
Presentations will cover the issue of Palestinian employment from the perspective of the legal framework, labour law, the National Social Security Fund and work contracts.