The event features the launch of a report mapping NGO services to women migrant domestic workers in Lebanon, as part of the ILO’s Action Programme for Protecting the Rights of Women Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon (PROWD).
The report, “Working with Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon (1980-2012): A Mapping of NGO Services”, traces the history of NGO involvement with women migrant domestic workers in Lebanon since the early 1980s and explores approaches underlying NGO interventions and partnerships. It also provides a directory of the services currently available to MDWs across Lebanon.
The report aims to guide NGOs in establishing efficient referral systems for WMDWs, new entrants in offering specialized services in the WMDW subfield, and donors in supporting initiatives for the promotion of decent working and living conditions for WMDWs.
The launch covers a range of issues including:
- History of NGO involvement with WMDWs in Lebanon
- Theories of change underlying NGO services to WMDWs in Lebanon
- Beneficiaries of NGO services
- Geographical mapping of NGO services
- NGO Institutional capacity and networking
- Report titled "Working with Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon (1980-2012): A Mapping of NGO Services"
- Brochure titled "A guide to programs and services for Migrant Domestic Workers in Lebanon"
- Q&A on the report
- ILO issues service directory for migrant workers - The Daily Star
- Liban : L’OIT répertorie les ONG qui s’occupent des employées de maison migrantes - L'Orient Le Jour
- ILO Produces Guide for Lebanon’s Domestic Workers - Migrant Rights