Facts & Figures
- Five Arab countries – Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Syrian Arab Republic, and Yemen – have ratified the ILO convention (No.144) on Tripartite Consultation (International Labour Standards).
- All the Arab states have established social dialogue institutions and bodies and the ILO works closely with constituents to develop its structures, mandate, bylaws and roles as per international labour standards.
- With the assistance of ILO, all Arab League Member States adopted the Arab Action Agenda for Employment, which identifies the promotion of social dialogue as a priority area for action and encourages the establishment of social and economic councils.
Decent Work Country Programme
05 December 2019
11 September 2019
Promoting participatory social dialogue is a fundamental means to address the challenges and seize the opportunities that are emerging from changes in the wold of work and technological advances, writes the ILO’s Shaza Jondi.
International Labour StandardsInternational Labour Standards on Tripartite consultation (Overview)
- Tripartite Consultation (International Labour Standards) Convention, 1976 (No. 144)
- Tripartite Consultation (Activities of the International Labour Organisation) Recommendation, 1976 (No. 152)
- Consultation (Industrial and National Levels) Recommendation, 1960 (No. 113)
Good PracticesNational Tripartite Social Dialogue: An ILO guide for improved governance
DatabaseDatabase of Social Dialouge Institutions
Strengthening labour market governance in the Occupied Palestinian Territory through reformed labour law and enhanced social dialogue
The ILO is supporting efforts by government, workers and employers in the Occupied Palestinian Territory to reform labour laws and enhance social dialogue.