DescriptionThe project aims to collaborate with Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, employers’ and workers’ organizations in China in developing a more responsive skill development system, adapted to labour market changes and technological development, in order to reduce job-skill mismatch highlighted in the labour market need analysis. It consists of three main components: research, capacity building and the adaptation of relevant ILO tools for quality apprenticeship and skill development.
Background‘Quality Apprenticeship and Lifelong Learning in China’ project mainly aims to i) build capacity of the government, employers’ and workers’ organizations in fields of quality apprenticeship and core skill development; ii) adapt and pilot ILO global and regional tools in quality apprenticeship and skill development to the Chinese context including an e-course targeted at enterprise managers and HR leads; iii) complete research on China New Apprenticeship Program to identify best practices and provide policy recommendations. The ILO will focus on establishing partnerships and collaborations that will help sustain the adoption of the tools beyond the immediate project period and support the development of a medium-term plan to promote quality apprenticeship in China.
ObjectivesTo contribute to the efforts of the Chinese government and social partners to promote decent work through quality apprenticeship and skill development programs.
Expected outcomes at the end of the projectThe Chinese government, in consultation with social partners, has improved programmes to enhance China’s apprenticeship system by blending Chinese best practices with ILO methodologies and tools.
Selected project outputs
- Lessons learned and good practices of China New Apprenticeship Program identified and benchmarked to develop an intervention to build the capacity of the government, employers’ and workers’ organizations in the field of apprenticeship
- Technical guidance from the ILO received by public organizations, employers and workers' organizations on the implementation of selected quality apprenticeship building blocks recommended by MOHRSS and social partners
- Selected ILO quality apprenticeship tools and knowledge products translated and adapted
- The ILO Quality Apprenticeship E-course training packages targeted at enterprise managers and HR leads translated and piloted
- The ILO methodologies and tools in core skill development introduced and piloted
Project partnersMinistry of Human Resources and Social Security; All-China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU); China Enterprise Confederation (CEC)
ContactMs Xian GUAN
National Project Coordinator