DescriptionThe Project aims to collaborate with the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, employers’ and workers’ organizations in China in developing more responsive skills development systems, adapted to labour market changes and technological development, in order to reduce job-skill mismatches highlighted in the labour market need analysis. It consists of three main components: research, capacity building and the adaptation of relevant ILO tools for apprenticeship and skills development.
BackgroundThe ILO’s quality apprenticeship and soft skills training program in China mainly aims to i) build the capacity of the government, employers’ and workers’ organizations in the field of apprenticeship and soft skills training ; ii) adapt and pilot ILO global and regional ILO Quality apprenticeship tools to the Chinese context including e-course training packages targeting enterprise managers and HR leads; iii) adapt and pilot the ILO’s In Business Soft Skills training program and tools for in-company lifelong learning. The ILO will be focusing on establishing partnerships and collaborations that will help sustain the adoption of these tools beyond the immediate project period and support the development of a medium-term plan to promote quality apprenticeship in China.
ObjectivesTo contribute to the efforts of the Chinese government and social partners to promote Decent Work through Quality Apprenticeship and soft skills programs.
Expected outcomes at the end of the projectThe Chinese government, in consultation with the social partners, has improved programmes to enhance China’s apprenticeship system by blending Chinese best practices with ILO tools and methodology.
Selected project outputs
- Lessons learned and good practices of China’s new apprenticeship program identified and benchmarked during the inception phase are used to develop an intervention to build the capacity of government, employers’ and workers’ organizations in the field of apprenticeship
- Tripartite partners in China receive technical guidance from the ILO on implementation of selected quality apprenticeship building blocks recommended by MOHRSS and social partners
- Selected ILO quality apprenticeship tools and knowledge products are adapted and translated
- The ILO quality apprenticeship e-course training packages targeting enterprise managers and HR leads are translated and piloted
- The ILO soft skills training program and tools for in-company lifelong learning are translated, adapted and piloted
Project partnersMinistry of Human Resources and Social Security; All-China Federation of Trade Unions (AFCTU); China Enterprise Confederation (CEC)
ContactMs Xian GUAN
National Project Coordinator