BackgroundWithin the framework of the ILO project on Promoting Formal Employment for Economic Diversification and Inclusive Growth, the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection (MLSP) and its Research Institute of Labour and Social Protection (RILSP) have conducted the Informal Employment Survey from 12 April 2021 to 10 May 2021 and are currently preparing the report on the findings of the survey. The survey aimed to contribute to the implementation of the Government’s long-, medium-, and short-term employment policies, by gathering information needed to develop and implement a new informal employment policy and by identifying the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on informal workers.
The preliminary findings of the study will be presented in an online discussion on 5 July 2021 to experts and representatives of national stakeholders and other relevant organizations.
- To present the preliminary results of the Informal Employment Survey for Mongolia and obtain analytical feedback;
- To get feedback and suggestions for additional or in-depth analyses that can be included in the survey report;
- To gather suggestions or comments that can be used to guide the discussions of the survey expert group.
Presenters and presentations
- M.Altansukh, Deputy Director of RILSP and Head of the Research Team - Methodology of the Informal Employment Survey and working conditions, constraints and opportunities of transitioning to formal employment;
- S. Batkholboo, Head of the Employment Policy Research Sector, RILSP- Views on government policy on informal employment and impact of the pandemic;
- Geoffrey Ducanes, ILO Consultant - International experiences on informal employment during the pandemic and further analyses of the Informal Employment Survey.
ParticipantsAbout 30 participants from MLSP, RILSP, other relevant government agencies, social partners, academia, ILO and other UN agencies are expected.
With #ILO technical support, the Ministry of Labour & Social Protection @mlspgovmn & its Research Institute @RILSP have conducted a survey on #InformalEmployment 🇲🇳. Today #discussion on preliminary findings of the survey including the pandemic impact took place virtually. pic.twitter.com/7O8pDdXZoT— ILO Mongolia (@ilo_mongolia) July 5, 2021