Under this new initiative, trade union members from State Enterprises Workers’ Relations Confederation (SERC), Labour Congress of Thailand (LCT), Thai Trade Union Congress (TTUC), and National Congress Private Industrial of Employees (NCPE) will be invited to submit their proposals for activities to promote issues related to disabilities in the workplace. Up to six proposals will be selected for funding by a jury made up of ILO representatives and others committed to disability inclusion. On the basis of the work completed, in February 2011, ‘Disability Champion’ awards will be given to the trade union representatives who have demonstrated the greatest achievement towards greater equality for people with disabilities in the workplace.
- Disability Champions Programme brochure
- Feature Stories - Trade Unions Promoting Decent Work for Person with Disabilities
- Presentation on Disabilities Champions Programme: Trade Unions.
- Presentation on Code of practice: Managing Disabilities in the Workplace and Procedure for Disabilities Champions Programme.
- Disability Champions Programme procedures
- Disability Champions Programme procedures (In Thai)