ILO and the Spotlight Initiative: Highlights and lessons learned from the world of work on eliminating gender-based violence and promoting the ILO Violence and Harassment Convention, 2019 (No. 190) and Recommendation (No. 206)
To mark the anniversary of the adoption of ILO Violence and Harassment Convention, 2019 (No. 190) and Recommendation (No. 206), this event will feature speakers from around the world who will highlight how the EU-funded Spotlight Initiative is working to prevent and address violence and harassment, including gender-based violence.
In this video, the ILO experts, workers', employers' and governments' representatives from various regions discuss world of work contributions to the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative to eliminate violence against women and girls, including the promotion of the Violence and Harassment Convention (No.190) and its accompanying Recommendation (No. 206).
- H.E. Pirkka Tapiola, European Union Ambassador to Thailand
- Ms Manuela Tomei, Director of the Conditions of Work and Equality Department, International Labour Organization
- Ms Siriwan Romchattong, President, Employers’ Confederation of Thailand (ECOT)
- Mr Antonio Martins, Vice Secretary Konfederasaun Sindikatu Timor-Leste (KSTL)
- Mr Israel Murefu, Employers’ Confederation of Zimbabwe (EMCOZ)
- Ms Elly Silaban, President Confederation of All Indonesian Trade Unions (KSBSI)
- Ms Ma. Karina Perida-Trayvilla, Director, Bureau of Workers with Special Concerns, Department of Labour and Employment (DOLE), the Philippines
- Ms Pamela Ares, Under-Secretary of Policies for Inclusion in the World of Work, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Security, Argentina
- Ms Chihoko Asada-Miyakawa, ILO Assistant Director-General and Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific