BackgroundJointly organized by the ILO and Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency’s (KOSHA), this work aims to address a wide range of issues on occupational safety and health (OSH) including improving OSH conditions at enterprises at national or regional levels, with special focus on the safety and health of young workers. The workshop will share and discuss KOSHA’s updated OSH approach.
Government officials from 10 ASEAN Member States handling OSH or labour relations will participate the workshop. They will discuss topics on international OSH labour standards, OSH legal system and policy and its implementation, sectorial approach for prevention, experiential training method, occupational health programme, emerging OSH issues including musculoskeletal disorders and job stress. During the workshop, the participants will also visit a local company.
ObjectivesAt the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Form a consensus among ASEAN countries on youth vulnerability to OSH risks.
- Understand the importance on ratification and implementation of the ILO Conventions N. 187 and N. 155.
- Share visions and ideas to promote OSH culture and policies for relevant workers and employers.
- Extend OSH protection through an updated sectorial approach by drafting action plans on practical OSH training activities at national level.
- Recognize key features of the experiential training method, injury reporting system and insurance scheme, and emerging issues to be envisaged in the region.
For further information please contact:Mr Jungho Choi
Expert on OSH / DWT Bangkok
ILO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Address: United Nations Building 10th Fl, Rajdamnern Nok Ave., Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Tel.: +66-2-288-2243 (office)
Mr Jungcheol Cha
Sr. Manager / International Cooperation Team
Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency
Address: 400, Jongga-ro, Jung-gu, Ulsan, Republic of Korea 44429
Tel: +82-52-703-0743 (office)