A handbook on HIV/AIDS for labour and factory inspectors (in Russian)
The purpose of the handbook is to help labour and factory inspectors deal with the issue of HIV/AIDS in their work. In particular, it will help inspectors apply the ILO Code of Practice on HIV/AIDS and the world of work, which was adopted in June 2001. The Code provides guidance for governments, employers and workers, as well as other stakeholders, in formulating and implementing national action plans and workplace policies and programmes to combat HIV/AIDS. To this end the guidelines aim:
• to make it clear why HIV/AIDS is a labour issue and development challenge
• to discuss the ways it concerns labour/factory inspectors
• to help inspectors understand and apply the ILO Code of Practice on HIV/AIDS and the world of work
• to examine the links between HIV/AIDS and the principles and practice of labour
inspection, with particular reference to occupational safety and health
• to develop practical tools for use during inspection and help inspectors integrate HIV/ AIDS into their future activities.